The Batts House
Batts House and Outbuildings is a historic home and associated outbuildings located near Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina. The dwelling dates to about 1880, and is a two-story frame Italianate-style house. Also on the property are the contributing one-story frame doctor’s office (c. 1880), a small dairy (c. 1880), a log smokehouse and wood shed (c. 1810), a dilapidated corn barn (c. 1810), and a carriage house, later converted to a garage (1912). Also on the property is a family cemetery (c. 1808-1885).