Edgecombe County's recreational opportunities are virtually limitless, whether your game is golf, baseball, shopping, hunting, canoeing, or simply enjoying rocking on the front porch.
A mix of public schools, private institutions and higher education opportunities offer Edgecombe County residents a full complement of choices.
Edgecombe County is a place where tradition and diversity fuel economic growth; a place where excitement for the future parallels pride in the past. Be it new construction or late 19th and early 20th century Victorian, Second Empire, Neo-classical revival homes, Edgecombe County offers families a chance to mark their own place in time.
The Visitors Center is housed at the Tarboro Edgecombe Chamber of Commerce at 500M Main Street in Tarboro. The Center is your source for free travel and tourism information not only for Edgecombe County and North Carolina, but for just about every state.
Tarboro Highlights from Pete Lewis on Vimeo
Producted By Lewis Advertising
|Edgecombe County||201 St. Andrews St.||641-7845||52,647|
|Town of Tarboro||500 Main St.||641-4200||11,138|
|Town of Conetoe||PO Box 268||823-1043||329|
|Town of Macclesfield||203 W. Green St.||827-4823||409|
|Town of Pinetops||101 E. Hamlet St.||827-4435||1,268|
|Town of Princeville||201 S. Main St.||823-1057||2,020|
|Town of Speed||PO Box 242||823-6194||66|
|Town of Whitakers||PO Box 6||437-4011||770|
- Population: 2007 Estimate: 52,647
- Population Density: 110 per sq mile
- Average rental price: Median Rent: $500
- Cost of Living: 88.6%
- Median household income (in 2014 dollars), 2010-2014 $33,892
- Veterans, 2010-2014 3,915
- Housing units, July 1, 2015 24,627
- Housing units, April 1, 2010 24,838
- Owner-occupied housing unit rate, 2010-2014 62.6%
- Median value of owner-occupied housing units, 2010-2014 $81,700
- Median selected monthly owner costs -with a mortgage, 2010-2014 - $1,009
- Median selected monthly owner costs -without a mortgage, 2010-2014 $421
- Median gross rent, 2010-2014 - $649
- High school graduate or higher, percent of persons age 25 years+, 2010-2014 77.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher, percent of persons age 25 years+, 2010-2014 10.7%
- Mean travel time to work (minutes), workers age 16 years+, 2010-2014 21.6